Today is a ‘sharing the love’ kind of day. The starting point for this post was when the lovely Sarah from Avoir la Peche, kindly nominated me for the Sunshine Award. Officially, this award is given to “bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” Personally, I just think it’s a great way to share the love, get to know other bloggers and find out lots of fun new things about them! So of course, I jumped at the chance to do my own Sunshine Award post.
So what’s involved?
1. Share 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions set by your nominating blogger
3. Nominate 11 bloggers yourself
4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer then let them know they’re up
So, here we go…
Share 11 random facts about yourself:
1. At the age of 17 (an age when most girls are trying to convince security guards that they are older than they actually are in order to get in to places), I managed to convince a security guard at Glastonbury Festival that I was 12, therefore qualifying for child entry, which was free. Cheeky. 2. Back home on the farm, we used to give names to all of our cows. We even had one called Lucy, named after me!
3. I have a bit of an obsession with colourful skinnies and have an entire drawer of my chest of drawers dedicated to them.4. It has only ever rained on two of my birthdays. Considering that I am 25 and have always been in the UK for my birthday, I consider that pretty lucky. Someone up there clearly likes me.
5. I have two younger brothers, Oliver and Samuel. However as they’re much taller than me, they both call me their little sister!6. I still keep my university gown in my wardrobe and long for an occasion when I can come up with an excuse for wearing it. Harry Potter – themed fancy dress maybe?
7. My boyfriend Darren is 1 ft and 4 inches taller than me. There’s a bit of a mismatch in height there so he comes in very handy for reaching up to tall shelves.8. When I’m just hanging out at home, I pretty much live in my pink dressing gown. Unless we’re experiencing a heat wave (unlikely!) I will always pop it on when I get home. So cosy and warm – it’s just like a big hug!
9. I was taught by some pretty nutty academics whilst at university, including one lady who decided that 7.20am every Tuesday morning was an OK time to run our weekly maths tutorial sessions. It was a twenty minute cycle for my friend Crispin and I to get to her office, so luckily the ride helped to wake us up. As our tutorials were in small groups (usually only two students), you definitely had to stay awake as you were constantly being asked questions!
10. When I was little I used to be obsessed with all Enid Blyton books. The Famous Five, Secret Seven, Mallory Towers, The Faraway Tree, The Wishing Chair…I loved them all!
11. If I could have any job in the world, I would love to have David Attenborough’s job. He basically gets to travel around the world to the most amazing places and then learn about loads of cool animals! Sounds ideal to me 🙂
Here are the questions that Sarah asked. There are definitely a few toughies in here!
What flavour of ice cream is most like you and why? Ooooo, tricky one. Every answer I come up with just seem ridiculously cheesy, so I’m just going to embrace the cheese and say Chocolate Chip because I’m definitely not super smooth, but you’ll find little nuggets of sweetness!Chocolate or Cheese – you have to give up one now for the rest of your life. Which will it be? Well, we currently have copious amounts of cheese and chocolate residing within our apartment, so suffice it to say that I’m pretty obsessed with both. These really are some very tricky questions! I adore so many types of cheese, from creamy goats cheese, to rich melted Camembert, to gorgeously mature cheddar…. However I also have a massive sweet tooth so having chocolatey treats on a regular basis is a must in order to keep me ticking over! Chocolate bars, chocolate puddings, chocolate mousses, chocolate brownies, chocolate caramel shortbreads. It’s a close call, but I think that chocolate narrowly wins out on this battle. Sorry cheese. It doesn’t mean I don’t love you.
What is the craziest place you’ve been to in the world and why? I’m going to plump for the Blue Grotto in Croatia. Just off the coast of Vis, these caves are only accessible via a very small boat that travels through a low narrow opening in the rocks. After crouching down into the bottom of the boat as it squeezes through the opening, once inside the caves you travel in darkness and it’s all a little bit spooky, until you reach the centre of the caves where you are greeted by this amazing glow from underneath you. These caves are completely dark apart from the water at the bottom which glows with an ethereal blue light. It’s a natural phenomenon that just looks like something out of this world.
A periscope-like opening on the ceiling of the cave lets in light so that it appears to shine upwards from the floor of the cave and creates an iridescent blue glowing effect all around the cave, whilst objects in the water look silver. Unfortunately the photos don’t really do this amazing place justice, so you’ll just have to trust me on this one!
What is your ‘claim to fame’? I.e. what famous person have you met, hung out with, or have you ever been famous for something yourself? I’m still waiting for my 15 minutes of fame, so probably my best claim to fame is going to college with the rowing double Olympic gold medalist (and general heart throb) Tom James. Surrounded by girls whenever he entered the college bar, all of the men wanted to be him and all of the girls wanted to be with him!
What blog post did you read by someone else and wish that you had written it? I think that Flora from Two with Seven has the most beautiful way with words, so I wish I could have written many of her blog posts! In terms of individual blog posts, The Londoner’s Slutty Brownies, have to be a winner.What musical act dead/alive do you wish you could see? My boyfriend is absolutely horrified at my answer, but I have to say the Spice Girls, as cheesy as that may sound. Stop, Wannabe, Spice Up Your Life – classic tunes, great outfits, plenty of girl power…what more could you want?What was your favourite nursery rhyme, song or poem when you were little? The Wheels on the Bus. Catchy song, great actions!
Have you ever walked out on a film? Or wished you had have done? What film and why? I don’t think I’ve ever walked out on a film in the cinema. To be honest, I don’t actually watch many films, and tend to be quite selective about what I watch, so it’s unlikely that I’d end up watching something I didn’t like. However, two films that I really didn’t get into (which I know that other people love!) are Inception and Team America.
What day in your life has been more significant than any other? Possibly the day that I got my job offer for my graduate job in Manchester. Within four years I’ve properly settled in up here, bought an apartment, moved in with the boyfriend, started saying pants instead of trousers, and generally turning into a Northerner.If you could bring any imaginary film or TV character to life for a day, who would it be? Mr Darcy *swoon*
And finally…..Prince Harry or Prince Wills? (assuming Wills were still single) Definitely Wills, because then I could be queen! Mwahahaha.
So, now it’s time for my nominations. I would like to choose the following lovely bloggers…
1. Sofie from Little Green Sofie
2. Emma from Cooking in Cashmere
3. Daniela from Couture and Crumpets
4. Charlotte from Makeup by Candlelight
5. Caroline from Cocktails and Caroline
6. Emily from My Gingerbread Journey
7. Sophie from Covered in Cow Poop
8. Jen from English Rose from Manchester
9. Ibbs from The Lobster & Me
10. India from My Uni Years
11. Laura from Side Street Style
And here are my 11 questions:
1. If you had to choose your last meal on earth, what would it be?
2. What was the best fancy dress outfit that you’ve ever worn (bonus points if you can share a photo!)?
3. If you could hop into a time travelling machine, when and where would you go, and why?
4. What are you most proud of doing?
5. What are your guilty pleasures?
6. If you were in charge of the country, what new law would you introduce?
7. Why did you decide to start blogging?
8. What is your favourite holiday destination?
9. If you could have one superpower, what superpower would you want to have?
10. What is the best present you’ve ever received?
11. Who are your role models?
I’d love to know your answers!