Wikipedia defines ‘guilty pleasures’ as something one enjoys and considers pleasurable despite feeling guilt for enjoying it. The ‘guilt’ involved is sometimes simply fear of others discovering one’s lowbrow or otherwise embarrassing tastes. As the fourth post in my ‘The Good Things in Life’ series, here are some of my guilty pleasures.
1. A ridiculous nail polish collectionWho needs this many nail polishes really? I don’t think I’m ever going to use them all up, but they all just look so pretty and I do enjoy trying out new colours!
2. The Daily Mail’s online celebrity gossip For late night perusals when winding down before going to sleep. I have several girlfriends who are the same as me in that they would never read The Daily Mail paper (definitely not a fan!), but when it comes to that little side bar of celebrity gossip on TDM’s website, you can while away so much time, clicking from news on Rihanna’s latest outfit to Justin Bieber’s most recent mishaps. You hop into bed thinking, ‘I’ll just have a quick read for five minutes before going to sleep’ and then one hour later you’re still on there!
3. Stock piling the PimmsThe summeriest of all summery drinks. If ever I see this on a good special offer, I’ll bag as many as I can carry (trying not to look like an alcoholic!) as this is my favourite tipple for summer time! Brownie points for added strawberries, cucumber and mint.
4. Collecting anything sheep-related OK, this is where you start thinking that I’ve gone a bit loopy. For some reason, I just have a bit of a thing for sheep, which I think may have started on a family holiday to Derbyshire once upon a time. We stayed in a cottage in the countryside and seemed to see a helluva lot of cute sheep round and about!Everyone needs a sheep to guard their books right?And a sheep for a footstool? Although she is far too cute for me to actually allow anyone to put their smelly feet on her. Her name is Rebecca and she came from the flock over at Bo Peep Sheep. A gorgeous picture that I recently picked up following my urge to decorate my house a bit more. I’ll post more on the other things I picked up soon! A black and white sheep version of noughts and crosses… And Shaun the Sheep to help with shower time.
5. Hula Hoops dipped in Philadelphia Cream Cheese Definitely not the healthiest of snacks, but I just love the crunchiness and saltiness of Hula Hoops combined with gorgeous cream cheese! And Hula Hoops are perfectly made for scooping up great big dollops of the stuff. Happy days.
6. Beauty Youtubing For a bit of downtime, I love watching Youtube beauty gurus. They’re a great way to discover new products, learn new tips and generally relax. And they make my beauty product collection look tiny in comparison! Here I’m watching the lovely Holly from Twinklelashes. My favourite video ever for winding down has to be Oxford Jasmine’s Facial Massage – it’s the most relaxing, soothing video! I usually listen to Youtube wearing my mahoosive colourful headphones as there’s only so long Darren can take hearing about lip gloss, nail polish and blusher!
Do any of you share the same guilty pleasures as me? What are yours?